RE – ADVERTIZED
PRIVATE SECTOR COMPETITIVENESS PROJECT (PSCP)
CREDIT NUMBER 41360-TA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO ASSIST IN INTRODUCING NEW PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AT THE DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE (DSE)
- This request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) of this project that appeared in the Development Business, issue no. 10944 of July 3rd 2013.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has secured funds from International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Private Sector Competitiveness Project (PSCP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds be applied to eligible payments under the contract for introducing new products and services at the Dar es salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE PLC)
- This assignment will entail a broader thinking with a focus on the current and future plans, strategies and status of the DSE while also considering the external environment such as Government policies, legal & regulatory framework, and regionalization and integration initiatives. To achieve this, the consultant is expected among others, to undertake the following activities:
- Review DSE’s current products and services, legal & regulatory framework, infrastructure & systems, governing and operating rules;
- Involve and engage key stakeholders in identifying and developing new products for the exchange;
- Recommend an array of new products and services;
- Develop and recommend new operating and governing rules and procedures for new products and services;
- Recommend specific new laws and regulations or amendments to the existing legal and regulatory framework to accommodate new products and services, conduct consultations with the key stakeholders on the proposal, and develop agreed upon draft laws/regulations/rules or amendments;
- Develop and conduct training program(s) and awareness-building relating to new products and services to key stakeholders;
- Recommend improvements/changes/upgrades in the platforms and/ or systems; and
- Impart knowledge to the DSE staff through on-the-job training.
- Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC now invites eligible consulting firms to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must submit their expression of interest in English language giving clear information on the legal status of the firm, their professional capability to perform the services. Such information may include description of assignment of the similar nature and complexity carried out during the past five years, Availability of appropriate qualifications and skills among staff, related work experience of the firm and of the available staff.
- A short list of consulting firms will be prepared on the basis of Expressions of Interest submitted to the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC in writing. The selection of a consultant will be in accordance with procedures set out by the World Bank Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004 revised October 2006; Consultants Qualifications (CQS)
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address given below between 8.30 hours and 16.30 hours, Monday – Friday inclusive, exclusive of public holidays, before the deadline for the submission of Expression of Interest.
- Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below on or before Friday, February 6th 2016 at 5.00pm local time.
- Expressions of Interest in writing, with corporate capability statement should be sent to:-
Postal: Secretary, Tender Board,
Procurement Management Unit,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC,
P.O. Box 70081,
Dar es Salaam,
Physical: 14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers,
Dar es Salaam.
Telephone No: +255 22 2123983
Fax No: +255 22 2133849