The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) is a company limited by guarantee. The role of the DSE in the economy is to facilitate the mobilization of resources and directing them to the productive sectors of the economy through provision of an efficient securities trading, settlement and depository and registry platforms. The DSE has two market segments: the Main Investment Market and Enterprises Growth Market. Currently have a total of 21 listed companies with the market capitalization of about TZS 22.8 trillion and bonds worth TZS 3.8 trillion.
The DSE is looking for an excellent candidate to fill the post of MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND PROJECTS.
Report: to the Chief Executive Officer
Supervise: Business Development Officer(s).
-Proven experience and/or knowledge of the financial markets and capital markets operations;
-Demonstrate experience and knowledge of business development
-Demonstrate abilities on project management;
-Results oriented person;
-Possession of IT and analytical skills;
-Ability to work under tight schedules;
-Good interpersonal skills;
-Team leader and player;
-Motivated, creative, innovative and independent minded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of first degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics, ICT and a Postgraduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, ICT or equivalent qualifications with at least seven years work experience two of which at senior level plus excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To coordinate all policy, strategy and operational issues related to DSE market development;
- To champion the planning, implementation, coordination and monitoring of various pipelined projects;
- Work with other line managers and initiative leaders to ensure projects and initiatives are properly resources and implemented;
- To initiate and develop the DSE’s marketing objectives, policies, procedures and programs;
- To act as a liaison person to various institutions with interest in the market development agenda;
- To conduct business promotion activities and public education programs through public media channels;
- To act as a liaison to outside advertising agencies for ongoing public awareness and education campaigns;
- To coordinate all marketing and publications activities of the DSE to ensure that proper image is reflected in the general public;
- To ensure all promotional, advertising, research, industry affairs and public relations duties are properly coordinated, implemented and reported;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotional activities undertaken; and
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
The successful applicant will be offered a good package based on the DSE’s salary scales and incentives.
Applications should be accompanied with full detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and letters from at least three referees in sealed in confidence.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 8th April 2015.
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Tower
P.O. Box 70081,
DAR ES SALAAM.