DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE PLC
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) is a company limited by shares and is self-listed in the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a regulatory and infrastructure platform for listing of financial securities and trading of listed securities.
In order to enhance its governance and operational efficiency, DSE is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems & Security Manager and thus inviting applications as per details below:
This is a Managerial position as per the DSE establishment, the ICT Systems & Security Manager will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The DSE is looking for an ICT Systems & Security Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running and reliance of ICT systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. In particular, the position holder will be required to:
- develop and maintain IT security framework that guides DSE planning and implementation of information security control;
- develop and maintain adequate ICT policy documentation;
- ensure the existence of adequate planning of ICT systems and security;
- oversee maintenance of software and computer hardware systems including preparing schedules for software upgrades and hardware maintenance;
- assess and ensure that the performance of installed ICT infrastructure, application systems, operating systems and hardware equipment meet the accepted operational parameters;
- advise DSE on the appropriate technologies to adopt during the acquisition of software systems, computer hardware and other technological accessories;
- review work performance of ICT staff including offering users appropriate support and advice in line with organizational objectives;
- evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensuring that DSE’s ICT facilities meet these needs;
- planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget and other related resources;
- planning and design disaster recovery plans for the ICT and ensure business continuity;
- ensure DSE is keeping up to date with the latest technologies;
- perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
The candidate must be a Holder of first Degree in either computer science, ICT or information systems security and Master’s degree in one of these areas: computer science, information technology, ICT systems security or equivalent qualification with at least five years, three of which at a senior level, post qualifying working experience in IT related area from a reputable institution.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered as per the DSE pay structure.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent:
Chief Executive Officer,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
P. O. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for applications is on 26th May 2017 at 3.00 p.m. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The vacancy is also available on DSE’s website: www.dse.co.tz