DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE PLC
NOTICE OF THE 2ND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Shareholders of the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE PLC) will be held on Saturday 29th April 2017 at Crystal Ballroom, Ground Floor, New Africa Hotel, Corner of Azikiwe Street/Sokoine Drive, Dar-es-Salaam at 10.00 a.m.
The Agenda for the meeting will be:
1. Adoption of the Agenda;
2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the 1st AGM and the 1st Extraordinary General Meeting of the DSE PLC;
3. Matters Arising from the 1st AGM of the DSE PLC;
4. To Receive and Adopt:
4.1 The Board’s Report for the year ended 30th June 2016;
4.2 The DSE Audited Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report for the year ended 30th June 2016;
4.3 Fidelity Fund Audited Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report for the year ended 30th June 2016;
5. To Ratify Auditors’ Fees;
6. Appointment of External Auditors for 2016/2017;
7. To Approve Directors’ Fees for the year ended 30th June 2016;
8. To Consider a Report on Directors’ Remuneration;
9. To Elect and Confirm New Directors to the Board; and
10. Any Other Business.
NOTICE OF THE 2ND EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2nd Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of the DSE PLC will be held on Saturday 29th April 2017 at Crystal Ballroom, Ground Floor, New Africa Hotel, immediately after the AGM to consider a Special Resolution on DSE PLC Shareholding.
1. A member wishing to attend the meeting will do so at their own costs and must come with a copy of his/her Depository Receipt together with an identification card like voter’s card or employment card or passport, for identification. Copies of the proxy forms will be available at the DSE Offices situated at 14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street, Dar es Salaam as well as the Licensed Dealing Members of the DSE (Stock Brokers) effectively from 11th April 2017.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting and who is unable to attend, can appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her behalf by submitting his/her name to the Company Secretary at the DSE Offices, 14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street not later than 14:00 hours on Thursday 27th April 2017. In case of corporate body, the proxy must be under its common seal.
3. The Register Closing date for determining shareholders entitled to vote will be Tuesday 25th April 2017.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Mary Stephen Mniwasa
Secretary to the Board