EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) was established in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee without share capital. In June 2015, it changed to a company limited by shares and in July 2016 it was self-listed.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a platform for trading settlement and depository of listed securities and facilitate companies to raise capital via issuance of shares and bonds.
In order to enhance its governance and operational efficiency, DSE is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated candidate with integrity and experience in business development field to fill the position of Business Development Director and thus inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates.
Academic Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes:
- Holder of first degree in Finance, Commerce or Economics and a Postgraduate Degree in the field of Project Management, Marketing and/ or Behavioral Economics;
- Minimum of seven years of experience with at least three years of relevant experience at a senior level in Business Development and /or Project Management;
- Possession of demonstrated excellent Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal Skills;
- Strong Analytical, Research and Report Writing Skills;
- Planning, Strategic thinking, Negotiation Skills;
The position holder will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will mainly be responsible for;
- Managing the Business Development activities in line with the DSE 5 years Strategic Plan (2018-2022);
- Monitoring various business development projects;
- Sensitization and Public Awareness of DSE activities;
- Market Research and Analytics for Policy Development;
- Marketing and Sales Management of IPOs and Listings.
- Initiate and develop the DSE’s Marketing objectives, policies, procedures and programs and ensure a healthy relationship with all Stakeholders;
- Supervise execution of DSE’s Business Development objectives, policies, procedures and projects;
(iii) Oversee all activities related to creation of Public awareness and investors/ issuers education;
(iv) Ensure that the high priority initiatives from the 5 Year Strategic Plan (2018-2022) are properly planned and managed and lead to successfully achieving the KPIs on time and within the provided budget;
(v) Ensuring that Business Development projects are properly coordinated, executed and their evaluation is carried out and reported to the CEO and DSE Board of Directors;
(vi) Act as liaison person to various institutions with interest in DSE’s business development agenda;
(vii) Coordinate all marketing and publication activities of the DSE to ensure that a proper image is reflected to the general public;
(viii) Working with other Heads of Departments to ensure that projects and business initiatives cutting across different departments are properly resourced, well-coordinated and implemented as per the Strategic Plan and Management is adequately involved;
(ix) Ensure that all promotional, advertising, research, industry affairs, tariffs and public relations activities are properly implemented and reported;
(x) Evaluate the effectiveness of all business development activities undertaken and recommend best strategies;
(xi)Carry out performance reviews for subordinates and arrange for on the job training for the section staff and others on matters related to business development;
(xii) Support the CEO and the DSE Board to adopt the practical business development plans and evaluation mechanism;
(xiii) Streamline program reporting to the CEO and DSE Board by ensuring the correct frequency and level of reporting;
(xiv)Undertake market surveys of product acceptance level and make recommendations related to the business development;
(xv) Evaluate data from external bodies both industry wise and non-industry-wise and how they relate and affect the DSE business development;
(xvi)Monitor progress on various sectors and advice relevant course of action to be taken for better results in business development;
(xvii) Analyze all social, political and economic events on both domestic and international scene, that may affect DSE business development and advise accordingly;
(xvii) Prepare departmental plans and budget proposals for inclusion in the budget plan;
(xix)Conduct research studies in areas of interest to the DSE and recommend way forward for business development;
(xx) Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the CEO from time to time.
Competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent:
Chief Executive Officer,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
P. O. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for applications is on 13th April, 2018 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The vacancy is also available on DSE’s website: www.dse.co.tz